Thursday, November 12, 2009

Resilience

I and everyone I know shows resilience each and everyday. Yet most of the time people hide how they really are feeling. Take everyone in our education psychology class for example. No matter how well you might know someone, most likely, you are not aware of everything going on in their life. That is because most people show their resilience through their self isolation.

I've found that my self and countless others do not talk about most of the stress that we feel. I believe that our society does not promote an open environment to talk about one's feelings.

I see many students and faculty showing resilience to the ample amounts of stress they cope with each day. However, I wonder how much our community talks to one another about thei stress. I believe true resilience can only be obtained with constant support from those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment